Sunday, June 10, 2007

6/10/07

too, but they just are not the same. Maybe one day I will love Oh, what an exciting day. I didnt really do anything exciting, but I feel excited. I have Ubuntolinux installing on the gateway at the moment. And I am ordering a 320GB 7200RPM hard drive for all of my storage needs (i could use a couple terabytes if I were to use it for ALL my storage needs) and that makes me very happy. I will be moving it alot though, and I know that is bad for a spinning plate hard drive. I will be moving it from computer to computer with gigantic files. Wait, i am thinking as i write this, i could network it through the imac in the basement, and just put it behind the desk in the basement, and access it over my wireless network. I am so smart, i just have to lay my ideas out on paper, or in this case lay them out on an LCD screen. I saw Pirate of the Caribbean today, it was the best pirates I have seen so far. But you might disagree. And I dont really care, so dont bother to tell me. I have noticed that I have a whole shitload of typos on the gateway, but one in almost every word on a desktop keyboard. But I almost never have one on the MacBook keyboard. I think we are a perfect match. It is to bad we are not. She may have a great keyboard, but I need way more power. I need an Nvidia graphics card with plenty of Joost power. And a processor that is 2.2 GHZ. I need a MacBook pro. I know there are people complaining that their macbook pro's batteries are blowing up, and dumb stuff like that. But i am choosing to ignore that and just pretend that we really are meant to be. I was researching the server that my home school uses, and it as an Apple X serve. Which are truly awesome servers and I honestly believe are the best way to network a large group of computers. Linux based servers are second, and microsoft ones are third. They have two G5 processors, which I hold a special place in my hart for. I love the PowerPC processors. If I had money to throw around I would buy a mac pro with a G3, another with a G4, and another with a G5 and just put them away in storage to seal that wound in my heart that longs for one. I may keep the G5 Mac Pro out for its power though. I like the intelsintel . . . what the fuck am i saying. Shut up ryan. You cant love intel. Intel processors are not made with that apple touch. They are just, well, made. To work. Like I said, I have Ubunto linux installing on my gateway. I have an 18.6 hard drive on that old thing, and 4.2 GB free, and u need 5 gb free to install this thing, so I went into CCleaner and got rid of everything and anything that I didnt think i needed. And then I emptied the recycling bin, and now i have 5.6 GB free, so i decided to go ahead with it and get an external HD because I cant live off of 600MB of free storage. I have more on my flash drives. BTW, I put an encrypted disk partition the size of my 1gb flash drive and used 128 bit encryption, which i am sure can be broken, but it is currently the standard for the FBI to use. So it would take many years, or a super computer to open it. And there isn't anything inside worth anything anyway, i just did it cause I can. but if you have a mac, and needed a place for some files. A place nobody can ever see, do this. Get the usb drive, plug it in, clear everything on it, and check how much memory there is one it. Then open up disk utility and click new image. Save it on the desktop, and name it whatever, but were it says 40mb, change it to what ever the free space on the usb is, and then click make, it should take a few minutes to make it, it will ask what pasowrd, (btw, click for security AES 128 bit) and enter whatever password u want. It will make, and then go to were u saved it and drag it to the usb. Eject the image, and the usb, and then put it back in. Open the usb, click the image, enter your pass, and then you are in the vault. Eject it at anytime to lock it again. It is your private storage location. I may do that with the 320GB one. idk yet. anyway, ttyl.

-Ryna

No comments: