Tuesday, June 12, 2007

6/12/07

I am disappointed by WWDC07. I was hoping for new hardware. People who say it is just a developer's conference, there shouldn't be hardware, are right. But i have a right to be hopeful because there was a new Mac Pro introduced at last year's WWDC06. I tried safari for windows, and it looked nice, it froze up on me though. I am not a fan of apple's decision to put safari on PC. Maybe it is faster. Then just give us those facts and let the PC users feel bad. Oops, I meant to say make them feel like switching. (he he, no i didn't) I don't use safari anyway, and I don't intend on switching anytime soon. Although I have used it in the last 3 months. I haven't touched IE in like 3 years. And that was because I came across something that could not run in firefox, but now with the IE tab add on I can do everything in firefox, so I leave it alone. I have to say IE is the one of the things I hate the most about Microsoft. But everything Microsoft has built a pretty good reputation for sucking really bad. I have a PC in my room. It is a Gateway laptop running XP, it has a 1.3GHZ processor. I installed Ubunto and was up until 5 in the morning installing it the other day, and when you boot into it, the computer shuts off. I saw the video of WWDC07 and I saw Leopard. A quick thank you/shoutout to Apple Inc.

Apple, I want to thank you.
I want to thank you for making your software seamless.
I want to thank you for making your machines beautiful.
I want to thank you for Aqua.
I want to thank you for leopard which appears to more beautiful than all versions before it.
I want to thank you for being so reliable and a 6 year old mac that runs bug free to this day, and a 17 year old Performa that is now retired but ran just as well.
I want to thank you for giving me an alternative to crappy Microsoft products.
Thank you Apple.

I could continue with a list of things I wish Apple could improve on, but I dont have the time. I spent 2 hours trying to get a Linksys WRE54G to work, and it turns out, just like everything else I have ever ordered from Linksys, the install CD is a piece of shit and should be recycled. The directions do not tell you how to set it up at all. They just assume you have a linksys unsecured router. And that it is right next to were you will be putting this, (not sure why it would be, it is a range extender, it should be far away. So i gave it a poor review on cnet, and that is actually were I got tips and hints to hacking this thing to work. Ahh well, it works really well so far. I have a 90% signal right now, and I am 2 stories and a few walls away from the router. I wonder if the microwave is still going to kill my signal. gtg, I am back in school, and have homework again. ttyl.


-Ryan

No comments: