Monday, June 18, 2007

6/18/07

Today was a good day I suppose. I will start with my day, but if that doesn't matter to you, scroll down to some format war news. Ok, I woke up to find that my family had left to my mom's sisters son's 6 year old birthday. So I had the house to myself all day, which was nice. I went down, made a Stouffer's casserole thing in the microwave, and ate that. Then I went upstairs, took a shower, and then I went down to the treadmill and fell asleep power walking. Not literally of coarse. I had my eyes shut and held on adjust kept walking. I got in 3 miles, and burned 350 calories. I Got my heart rate up to 209. It was fun. So I finished that, I started some homework. I did about 15 minutes of homework and then I got a call from my mom telling me that she was bringing me some steak from the party, and asked me to get bo ready for a walk. I said yes, and put my homework away. When she got home we walked bo, I rode alongside her on my bike. About 50 feet from my house, I decided to do a fishtail in a sandpit, and I did, and then when I went to pull out of it, the chain slipped off, so I had to walk out of the sand and walk the bike home. The bike is a nice one, it is only two years old. It has disc breaks and everything. It is not the first time this has happened either. So I am a little upset at Mongoose for building such a bad bike. But that was cool, cause I really don't care and have a hundred other bikes all over my garage. So I went in, ate the steak my mom brought me, and then I got back to homework. I did homework until like 20 minutes ago while talking t Derek. Then I took the MacBook to were I am sitting right now and pulled up Google Reader. Not much struck my eye until I found out that Blockbuster chose Blu-Ray as the HD disc format they will be marketing. This angers me because Blu-Ray players cost more, and it has been what, 8 months that you can purchase a Blu-Ray disc? And the coating on them is beginning to rust already. I like Blu-Ray more in theory, and I was on the side of Blu-Ray for a while, it has more capacity, has a cooler name, and Microsoft doesn't like them, whats not to love? Well, the players. They cost too much. An HD-DVD player is almost 50% cheaper. Half the capacity, meant you have to package your movies with 2 discs if it comes down to it. I am just mad because Blockbuster deciding to go with Blu-Ray is a pretty big punch in the face for HD-DVD. I hope the producers have chosen one of the two by the holidays, because my family is planning to upgrade out TV, out Player, and our sound system. And I don't want to have to old off because the effing producers are still throwing baby fits about why this is better, or this is better. Just shut the fuck up and choose one! If Blu-Ray does become the standard, I would hope that Sony is able to build a quality Blu-Ray player that is not lacking in features and is affordable. If Sony is unable to do this, I will not be buying, I will just stick with the HD on-demand Comcast movies for the time being. I used www.urltea.com today, and I like it much better than www.tinyurl.com. It is prettier, but it seems faster and more reliable. Plus, it automatically copies the shortened url to your clipboard.

Good Night All,

-Ryan

No comments: