Thursday, July 12, 2007

Damn Road Construction

Today the road to school was blocked off, so I had to walk about a block
or two in length to get to school. Now I have nothing against walking,
in fact I think life would be more awesome if there were a hell of a lot
more walking. However, I do not think that this situation was handles
properly. The cab driver told me to just walk because he had another
pick up. I knew this was breaking the rule and he could loose his job,
however, I did not feel like arguing with a man who barely knows English
to get him to find another way around to a school that is about 60
seconds away walking. So I got out. But he was reported, and he drove me
home, but seemed pretty pissed. It is the road construction in north
aurora that causes all of these problems. Many of the other buses,
students, and staff just drove through the field to get in. If I were
driving that would have been the route I'd take. But whatever. Again, I
am pro-walking to get places. I however know the importance of time, and
the fun of driving fast. With these variables in mind, walking is
usually not an option. More so in a city however. Ahh well . . . . In
other news, my fingers seem to be typing poorly/slowly for some reason
lately. This is bad. Hopefully they just need a good night's sleep.


-Ryan

No comments: