Tuesday, July 17, 2007

New iMacs Tomorrow?

According to the Macalope, Apple representatives have requested that all Apple retail stores have their inventory reports up to date by tonight. This Could mean new hardware tomorrow. I would prefer we got new touch screen iPods with safari and everything the iPhone has except the phone, just because I am going to spend a ton of money on a camcorder soon, and if a new iPod came out I might rethink that decision. But more likely, but still not likely, would be a new iMac. I have a feeling that the next iMac will be something special. I am guessing that silver, aluminum, what ever you call it that the Mac Pro and the MacBook Pro are made out of is going to be the new face of Apple. The iPhone takes it on a little bit too. Speaking of the iPhone, do you think there is going to be multi-touch to use spaces on the new iMacs? That would be pretty awesome. To be able to flip through open windows, or to use expose with finger gestures. Like I said, I think this is going to be something special, but I doubt it is coming out tomorrow. There might be something tomorrow, but nothing too big. A 3G iPhone firmware upgrade would be nice. By the way, today I was approached by someone asking me if I thought the Apple TV was worth buying. I told them that I did not think so. There is no HD content available on the iTunes store worth watching (is there any at all?), and there are cheaper ways of doing the same thing. My final word of advice was that if money is no issue, then yes, Apple TV is probably the best you can get for Mac (or a yicky PC) integration with your TV, but there is no way in hell I am going to pay $400 ($300 for a 40 GB version, but why not pay the extra hundred for a 160GB drive?) to get a movie, some pictures, or my music from the computer in the next room to my TV. So I am curious what Apple's next move is, cut the Apple TV and call it a failure, or pull a classic Apple move and add all this amazing content designed for it in the iTunes store. Anyway, I have some stuff to do, just thought I would let some of my theories into the wild.

-Ryan

No comments: