Thursday, July 26, 2007

Toyota to Test Plug-in Hybrid Vehicles on Public Roads?

Yes.


Oh you wanted more than that? Oh, I see how it is, OK. So these test vehicles will be modified Priuses in Japan. No, there are no plans to test any in the US. Well, none mentioned by Toyota at least. It has longer range than other hybrids too. With this system, the Plug-in Prius can travel 8 miles as an all electric vehicle. Wow . . . .that is good? I guess it beats the 1.9 miles you can go with the current model. But you hear about all electric plug in cars that have a range of about 100 miles, and this is a hybrid yes, but I would hope for at least a battery capable of 25 miles. You can check out the edmunds.com article for yourself, but I am waiting for the next Gen Prius, I want one really bad.

-Ryan

No comments: