Sunday, April 1, 2007

4/1/07

I am posting this earlier today, (not that it will effect you) because I have to get up at 6 tomorrow because spring break is officially over. Today there were a few funny April Fools jokes going around the Internet. Google's TiSP free Internet service that runs through your toilet. Google also came out with (not really) Google Paper. This theoretically would let you have any e-mail printed and shipped to you. And Tom Merrit from CNET's CNET-TV apparently snuck into Apple's headquarters to show the world Apple TiVo. Which will transfer anything from your Mac to your TiVo. It was a TiVo logo on an AppleTV. But still funny. While on the topic of silly/funny videos on CNET-TV, there was a crave that made me giggle today as well. Tim Moynihan goes around the CNET office and takes a look at all of the CNET employees toys in this crave video. It is funny. Another joke that made me chuckle before I get on to my day, was one by the Korean car company Kia. My mother recently bought a Kia, a Kia Sedona, but that is besides the point. Kia decided to poke some fun at the furniture store Ikea that has a lot of furniture that needs assembly. So kia introduced the concept car last night called the i-Kia, which is a car that you must build yourself. And then you contact kia, and they ask you some questions and depending on how well they think you built the car, they will set the length of your warranty. Anywhere from 7 years, to a couple of weeks. That did not make me laugh out load, but it is by far the funniest of all April Fools Day jokes I have heard so far. OK, on to my day. I woke up a little earlier to get a little more prepared for tomorrow morning when I have to wake up @ 6. And I went downstairs, had some cake and Ice cream, but I had very little, so it is OK. Seriously, I had crumbs of cake and like a teaspoon of ice cream. So it is definitely better than what I could have done and would have done if I wasn't second guessing what I eat. I also had 2 hard boiled eggs. Then I got in the Kia and off to the movies I went. Crap, i just remembered I have to update my twitter. Anyway, I saw Blades of Glory. It was pretty funny. I rate it a 6 or 7 out of 10. It is way better than Wild Hogs which I saw a few days earlier. Then we came home, I got out of the Kia, jumped in the Toyota, and off to Borders Book Store were I sat and pondered looking for a book that didn't suck. I ended up getting Macs for Dummies, (wish I got vista for dummies, I already know OSX like the back of my hand) and Complications, which will probably scare me, but it still looked better than the alternatives. It is written by a doctor that talks about how modern medicine is not a miracle and there are still many problems that are very difficult if not impossible to fix in the human body. Then I came home, read Macs for Dummies, which I just skimmed through and then wished I had gotten Windows Vista for Dummies because I knew everything. And then jumped on the computer to blog, and catch up on all of my Google Reader stories. Low key day. But I almost prefer it that day at the end of a vacation.

See you all tomorrow,

-Ryan

No comments: