Sunday, April 1, 2007

3/31/07

Correction, I had said yesterday that one of my goals was to just not think and throw myself out there, and after much deliberation, I have decided that while that may work in some situations, it will only lead to disaster in most others. So I will think, but not too much about life decisions. Today, I woke up at 1:47PM, to my father coming into my room with the iPod AV cable I had ordered the day before or maybe two days before, i don't remember. All I remember is that I had the regular shipping, and it came in like a day. So I wonder, If I had paid for express delivery, which is like 30 bucks, would I have it any sooner? Hey, never know, maybe express items go to a different export door out of the warehouse or something and I would have gotten it later. I think express shipping is worth it on some things, but for pretty much everything from the online apple store, the standard shipping is plenty fast. So I plugged it in to my TV's AV input and played Avril Lavigne's music video "girlfriend" then I played Nickelback's music video that looks like a video game. Then Stephen Colbert's speaking at the white house convention thingy, and I have decided that I like it, but it is extremely pixelated. If this is how AppleTV looks, I would not buy. But maybe I would, it was hacked earlier today to run the full version of OSX that you would get if you went to the apple store and bought a new mac. It was very slow though. It had 1ghz and 256of ram, but yes, that would be the cheapest apple device to run OSX. AppleTV was released 8 days ago, and it has been hacked to be your personal mac, support USB, have any HDD you want as long as it is 2.5". And I am sure there are more. Apple must feel weird. But after seeing what videos bought on iTunes look like on a TV, even a HDTV. I can only guess that apple is going to have HD content in the iTunes store pretty soon. If not HD, then at least DVD quality. To go along with your nice movies, you can also spend some money on the updated MacBook Pro, and the new iMacs, that haven't been announced yet. But it has been over 200 days since the last update to the iMac, and the average is 168, and something like that for the macbook pro as well. Possibly new macbooks and everything else too? maybe. The only things we are not likely to see any updates to are the iPod shuffle, and the AppleTV. I heard a rumor that the apple flash based laptop may run the stripped down version of OSX that is on apple TV. Now not that I do not think that I could hack that, But that would still be a pain in the ass. I mean who is going to buy that? And even if I could get it to run OSX the full version, it would probably be slow because it was designed for the stripped version. So that irritates me, I may just end up buying the Mid-range MacBook. Eventually, i will need the MacBook Pro. But that is an entirely different post, this is supposed to be about my day. So yes, I woke up, tried out the connector from my iPod to my TV, then I went downstairs and I realized that my mother and my brother were gone, my sister and my father were walking out the door to go to her softball practice. So I made some mac n cheese, then got onto the tech news sites. I think i could be a journalist. I am very good at researching and expressing my opinion on what I am interested in. And that job pays OK. Hmmmmm. . . that's a thought. I will probably get carpel tunnel though, but there is a surgery for that. I have been trying to eat healthier, but the food is so good. But yes, I have been cutting the junk. I think sometimes I eat just cause I am bored. Which I am not doing as of last night when I realized this. I am skinny, but I will die very early if I keep eating the way I do. Or hopefully did. I always carry around a flash drive, my apple remote, a little led flashlight, and my cell phone, and today I put the flash drive on the same key chain as the led light. Which is also flat, and the same color, so it looks pretty cool. I put an animated GIF image of me looking around and then getting all up close to the camera and giving it a thumbs up. That is on My MySpace. Check it out, comment it, then look at my cool new layout.

ttyl,

-Ryan

No comments: