Monday, April 30, 2007

4/30/07

Ok, so it has been a long time, Mackenzie "broke up" with me because she was under the influence that we were going out (not sure how you mistake that being as we have NEVER gone out) and thought that I was hurt that she was leaving me. How strange, scary, funny and everything else. Speaking of strange, scary, and funny, I have been listening to more ICP, I have always loved Tech N9ne and his style of music, but I never really put 2 and 2 together, they both are extremely similar, so I did some research, some listening, and I enjoy them very much. Just gotta make sure they do not influence me (that will be pretty easy, they are insane). I have seen the blue screen of death many times in the last few hours, but I have only really used this laptop a few times this week, my mother has let me take her MacBook and I have been using that lately. Cnet has been boring, (nothing new or overly interesting) and Google Reader has been just as boring. I was listening to BOL today, and I heard that it is not exactly unheard of to loose your google homepage, or g-mail account (my primary e-mail) so I got all scared, ( I get scared when something I rely on just might go away). I have been wanting to get Thunderbird, I have never really used an e-mail client, but I really wanted to play with it, 2.0 just came out and was supposed to have all these cool features, so I downloaded, it knew the special settings for gmail for me, all I needed was login and password, and 712 messages were downloaded to my inbox. I had to enable pop on gmail first though. I made all new folders, and sat down and used the search feature to make sorting the messages into folders a 20 minute job. I am very happy. I just wish I knew how to then transfer to another computer with thunderbird when I get my new dell. Yes, I have decided that paying half and being a little more complicated and uglier is worth it. I will buy the dell over the macbook. It has a bigger screen too, and that alone is a big seller or me. I just do not get why Apple ONLY sells 13" macbooks, they used to have options, 12" or 14" they should have 13" or 15". And It would make my decision to switch to dell even more difficult. But they don't, so I am like meh. But yea, I want to transfer all when I get my dell, and I would like help. If anyone reading this has any clue, please let me know. I would absolutely love to know. I wouldn't normally do this, but since I have a great email client now, I can handle lots of messages, my e-mail is ryanbrooks33@gmail.com or you could comment this post.

You are all great, (not that many if anybody reads this)

-Ryan

No comments: