Sunday, April 8, 2007

4/8/07

Goodness, my blog got away from me again. I guess I will start up from what I remember from a few days ago, and today. A few days ago, I figured out that I will be shadowing at the west campus (my high school) on the 18th of this month. I also was informed that there is a major rivalry between all the staff at my current school. Apparently, my homeroom teacher is a Nazi, according to another staff member. And everyone just hates everyone. I am was unaware of that. I mean I knew they hated each other, but I assumed they were mature enough to keep it to them selves. So that was extremely interesting. I had to walk laps in gym last week, around the building, which is no fun, being as lazy as I am. I dug deeper into that guy that added me as a friend on twitter. It turns out he lives in the same metro area as I, and he listens to Buzz Out Loud. He likes awesome cars, and he sent me a Joost Beta invite. Joost is cooler than I expected it to be. All of its programing is watchable and fun, and it works with my Apple Remote. So it is like having on demand comedy central and Laguna Beach and everything else at my fingertips. Easter was today. But I guess I should start with 2 nights ago. I snuck into the storage room and I saw my wireless adapter I asked for fr my laptop. I brought my mother's MacBook pro up to my room and used it's built in wireless all night because I was not aloud downstairs. I was watching Joost and playing around with it into the night. I eventually shut down and went to bed. Then this morning, my mother came in and told me it was time to wake up, Lauren wanted to go downstairs. So I got up, went down, ate a peep while looking at the PC card. Then I put it in, and set up the connection. It works great. So I am happy. That makes 3 of 4 or our Internet connected computers wireless. My father does not trust it for reasons unknown. So he will not let me set it up on his Dell, which has it built in. The card is not as bulky as expected, and it seems to be doing just fine. It is not flimsy, but the gauges are upside down because my PC card slot is on the left of my computer so I had to flip it. Oh well, now I can take this anywhere so I am happy. Then I got in the car and my dad and I just drove west. We drove a little past the Belvedere Assembly Plant (makes the jeep compass and the dodge caliber) and then came home in time for ham in the dining room. This is were my mother said she would like to do a vacation to Colorado and make it completely outdoors. Camping, skiing, biking, hiking. My idea of a nightmare in a nut shell. So have to talk her out of that now. I am hoping visiting the Grand Canyon will be a good compromise. Anyway, I am going to haul my seven pound laptop up to my room now, wish me luck, I may fall on the stairs it is so heavy. Anyway, that was my day. ttyl,


-Ryan

3 comments:

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeff said...

I would trade your "nightmare in a nutshell" for my 4 AP and 2 honors courses in an instant. I love 'em n all, but I've been dying to go camping for years. If you're not aching to get outside as much as I am, I'd recommend a trip to Lake Tahoe or Yellowstone National Park. Supremely relaxing. Besides, you can admire much of the beauty of Yellowstone from the comfort of your own car.

Right now, I'm in an interesting fix. We've just switched from satellite to cable TV (Dish to Comcast). Our dish service ended eight days ago, but the techies from Comcast wont arrive till the end of the month. I was wondering if you could send me an invite to Joost? Yes, I plan on studying neurology later on, but right now, something to peruse other than demyelinated sheaths would be nice.

Jeff said...

Oh, right. And my email account that I use:
polyphem355@hotmail.com